Weak unstable weather conditions affecting Dominica

first_img Share Share Lingering moisture together with patches of low level clouds, generated by an induced surface trough just east of the island chain, is expected to produce a few periods of cloudiness with brief scattered showers across the region during the next 24 hours.An abundance of high level clouds will be maintained across the island with dry sinking air restricting any significant showers here.Sea conditions are expected to be slight to moderate during the next 24 hours with swells now peaking near 5.0 feet as a result of a reduction in wind speeds.Forecast for tonight: Fair to occasionally cloudy with brief scattered showers.Dominica Meteorological Service LocalNews Weak unstable weather conditions affecting Dominica by: – September 26, 2012 Tweetcenter_img Sharing is caring! Share 9 Views   no discussionslast_img read more

Carnival aims to launch Miami to Cuba cruises in May

first_imgBusinessInternationalLifestyleNewsPrintRegionalTravel Carnival aims to launch Miami to Cuba cruises in May by: Associated Press – July 7, 2015 Share Share Sharing is caring! Sharecenter_img UNITED STATES (AP) – The world’s largest cruise company could be heading to Cuba.Starting in May, Carnival Corp. plans to offer trips from Miami to the Caribbean island nation, the company announced Tuesday. Carnival says it would become the first American cruise company to visit Cuba since the 1960 trade embargo. The trips will be through its new brand, fathom, which focuses on trips where passengers sail to a destination in order to volunteer there.“This is an important first step for our company and the cruise industry,” CEO Arnold Donald told The Associated Press in an email. “It begins our efforts to shape a long sustained industry experience in Cuba.”The weeklong cruises will be aboard the Adonia, which carries 710 passengers. The ship is relatively small for the industry; ships sailing under the company’s namesake line carry nearly 3,000 passengers.Carnival is expecting high demand for the voyages and has priced them accordingly. Prices start at $2,990 per person plus taxes and port fees. A similar service-oriented trip on the same ship to the Dominican Republic starts at $1,540 per person.The itinerary is still being finalized as Carnival waits for approval from the Cuban government. The ship is expected to visit several ports and passengers will sleep onboard each night.Cuba is still closed for general tourism for Americans, although as relations thaw between the two countries visitors have fewer hurdles to overcome. Americans can’t just vacation in Cuba but must go there as part of an approved cultural or humanitarian trip, unless they have family on the island.Carnival’s license comes as part of recent approvals for six passenger vessels from the Treasury Department. The government would not name the companies who received these licenses or what their specific line of business is. They could be ferries, yacht charters or cruises. Of those six, four of them are authorized to allow passengers and crew to spend the night aboard, even when docked in a Cuban port. Other major cruise lines did not immediately respond to inquiries about their efforts to sail to Cuba.The vessels are not allowed to stop at other counties, so don’t expect Cuba to become one of four or five stops on a typical Caribbean cruise anytime soon.Carnival isn’t the first cruise company to sail to Cuba. A handful of foreign cruises do come to the island. In 2013, Canadian company Cuba Cruise, in partnership with Greece’s Celestyal Cruises, launched cruises from Jamaica to Cuba, making six ports of call including Havana and Santiago de Cuba. Trips start at about $850.Tourism, a $2.6 billion-plus industry, is one of the main engines that has kept Cuba’s economy sputtering along. Last year, the country welcomed a record 3 million visitors.About 600,000 US travelers are estimated to visit Cuba each year. Cuban officials estimate that 1.5 million Americans would travel to the island annually if all restrictions were removed, supplanting Canada as the No 1 source of tourism and potentially adding some $2 billion a year to state coffers.There are many challenges ahead for the country as it opens up to US visitors. There isn’t yet enough infrastructure to handle the demand. But major travel companies including Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines, Hilton Worldwide and Marriott International have been closely eyeing developments there. JetBlue, which has run charter flights from Florida to Cuba for years, just launched a new nonstop flight from New York. It is only open to travelers who are approved to visit Cuba. American Airlines and Sun Country Airlines also offer charters. 48 Views   no discussions Tweetlast_img read more

Ilonggo Bedia leads Stallion Laguna FC past Air Force

first_imgThe defeat was costly for the former United Football League champions Air Force as they remained without a point after two matches.Over at the PFF National Training Centre in Carmona, Cavite, Green Archers United (GAU) FC broke away in the second half to score a 5-1 domination over the debuting Mendiola FC.After an exchange of hits from GAU’s Val Jurao and Mendiola’s Franco Dela Torre in the first half, the GAU waxed hot in the second half with hits from Negrense Floriano Pasilan Jr., Ilonggo John Celiz and James Kim to pull away for good.The win put GAU into a tie with Kaya Iloilo for second place with six points, while Mendiola will remain in fifth place due to a better goal difference than fellow winless sides Air Force and Global Makati./PN STALLION-Laguna FC leaned on the brace of Ilonggo Jo Warren Bedia to scored a 3-0 victory over Philippine Air Force FC in the 2019 Philippines Football League at the Biñan Football Stadium in Biñan, Laguna.Aside from the Iloilo City native, Stallion-Laguna also got a hit from Nathaniel Alquiros to record its first victory of the season for four points, on one win, one draw and a defeat.Bedia struck first for Stallion-Laguna in the fifth minute after Ilonggo Jhan-Jhan Melliza miss his attempt. He completed his two-goal show at the 26th minute off another put back.The third goal came at the 76th minute for the Stallion-Laguna as Alquiros rebounded from his penalty miss to score over the defense of Air Force goal keeper Kenneth Dolloso.last_img read more

Top-Ranked UWF, Huizinga Sweep Titles at GolfRank Invitational

first_imgThe Argonauts opened up a 14-shot lead after Monday’s morning round of 14-under-par 274 and maintained it through the afternoon 18, using a 16-under-par 560 36-hole total to make the team title theirs for the taking. They did just that in tying the tournament record of 19-under-par 845 following a 3-under-par 285 on Tuesday. Huizinga’s score of 68-71-71=210 included 15 pars as he played the par 5s at 9-unde-par for the week. Westmoreland ended the 2-day event with rounds of 69-70-71 and Blanchet signed for three 70s. On Tuesday, both Huizinga and Blanchet birdied their final hole to force the playoff, which began on the par 3, 15th hole. All three put their shots safely on the green with Huizinga the farthest from the hole at approximately 25 feet. He proceeded to make his putt for birdie while the others were unable to match him, giving the junior from Orlando his second individual title in two events this fall. The Argos have won 10 of their last 13 team tournaments and not finished lower than third in any of them. Just about the only thing to be resolved was not if a UWF player would win the individual title, but which one would it be. After 36 holes, Westmoreland and Huizinga were tied for first at 5-under, one shot ahead of Blanchet and four ahead of Bosso. The trio of Jacob Huizinga, Henry Westmoreland IV and Chandler Blanchet all tied for medalist honors at 6-under-par 210, while Christian Bosso was just six shots back in a tie for 11th.center_img Boss, who led the tournament after the first round, tied for 11th with a 68-75-73=216 score, while Julian Otero registered his best tournament as an Argo, shooting 69-76-75=220 to post a 20th place showing. His opening round 69 was a career low and included an eagle and four birdies. UWF will return to play next week when it hosts the Copperhead Championship at the Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, Florida, Oct. 16-17. Print Friendly Version “They are kind of feeding off each other and pushing each other to improve and get better,” UWF head coach Steve Fell said. “They’ve gotten to where they are at that high level of play because they are used to it, whether they are in a tournament or at home qualifying.” COMPLETE RESULTSPALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – The fact that the top-ranked UWF men’s golf team ran away from the field en route to another team victory, winning the GolfRank Invitational by 15 shots was a good story, but how they went about it is another chapter in the recent success of the program.last_img read more

Five Takeaways From Tonight’s Smackdown Live

first_imgSmack down Live continued to set up the intriguing storylines this week, as a lot happened that caught the eye. Let’s talk about it in our five takeaways from tonight’s show. Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Related TopicsWwe smackdown Elijah Mooneyham has been a dedicated sports fan his whole life. Born and raised in Cleveland, he has his best days when his hometown teams are winning. Elijah is currently on-air talent/producer on two shows, The Main Event and The Moon Hour, where you can find on AllSportsCleveland.com. He also has an insane passion for professional wrestling, so catch his opinions on the world of professional wrestling. Eli Mooneyhamlast_img

Could Les Miles leave LSU for Michigan?

first_imgMichigan made the inevitable a reality Tuesday when it fired coach Brady Hoke. One of the most famous and tradition-rich programs in college football starts its third coach search since 2007.Interim athletic director Jim Hackett will be in charge. A former Michigan football player, his career overlapped with that of LSU coach Les Miles with the Wolverines. Read into that fact what you will.Who will be the next Michigan coach? Some possibilities and why they do or do not make sense:Les Miles, LSU coach. Miles has been one of the most successful coaches in the country during his 10 years with the Tigers. He is 103-28 with a national championship and another title game appearance. The last two times the Michigan job was open, Miles came up as a possible candidate. Things are different this time around, from the people making the decisions to the people influencing those decisions. The 61-year-old Miles, who makes over $4 million per season, he has spent 10 years being under-appreciated at LSU. Maybe it’s time to go somewhere he would be embraced?Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers coach. The former Michigan quarterback turned Stanford into a power and immediately turned around a 49ers franchise that had been languishing. Signs suggest he is not coming back to college, even if his rocky time in San Francisco ends this season. Plenty of NFL teams would gladly have him. Michigan has to at least make a pitch — if it already hasn’t. And call his brother, Ravens coach John Harbaugh, while they’re at it.Dan Mullen, Mississippi State. The Bulldogs put together a dream season and Mullen has built a program that should be successful going forward, but it’s not realistic to think he’s about to rip off a string of double-digit win seasons in Starkville, where State has the smallest athletic budget in the SEC West. The 42-year-old native Pennsylvanian has spent much of his coaching career in the Northeast and Midwest before going to Florida with Urban Meyer in 2005. He is 46-30 in six seasons at Mississippi State.Greg Schiano, former Rutgers coach. Michigan courted Schiano back in 2007. Since then, he did a short and unpleasant stint in the NFL with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. What Schiano did at Rutgers cannot be understated: The Scarlet Knights were barely worthy of inclusion in Division I when he took over. Now they are consistent winners. Michigan doesn’t need that kind of overhaul, but it does need somebody with a broad vision of how a top-notch program should be run from top to bottom. Having a track record of excellent academic performance by his teams helps, too.Pat Narduzzi, Michigan State defensive coordinator. If you can’t beat ’em, hire ’em. Michigan entrusting its program to a first-time head coach doesn’t seem likely. It happened with Lloyd Carr, but he was a longtime Michigan assistant. Still, the Spartans have owned the Wolverines in recent years and Narduzzi has been a big reason why. The 48-year-old Connecticut native will be a head coach at some point. Why not in Ann Arbor?Butch Jones, Tennessee coach. Jones is a Michigan native and former coach at Central Michigan and Cincinnati. He won big in both spots and now is in Year 2 of rebuilding Tennessee. He and his staff have been cleaning up in recruiting, and he got a team desperately lacking experienced players bowl eligible against a tough schedule this season. The arrow is pointing up for the Vols so it’s hard to imagine why the 46-year-old Jones would walk away from Knoxville.last_img read more

Find out about the schedule of Liverpool’s next three Premier League…

first_img“The schedule of matches for the first three rounds of the resumed 2019/20 season has been approved, provided all safety requirements are met,” the association said in an official statement.The Premier League will resume on June 17 after a 100-day hiatus, in light of the outbreak of the new Corona virus “Covid-19”.The #PL will restart behind closed doors on 17 June if all safety requirements are in placeThe Premier League today confirmed the fixtures for the first three match rounds of the resumed 2019/20 seasonAll 92 matches will be broadcast live in the UK ➡ https://t.co/MhXpFrg2nu pic.twitter.com/5cYPDij53a– Premier League (@premierleague) June 5, 2020The Premier League has limited the dates for the first 32 games after the announcement of the resumption of the competition from June 17 to the second of July, with the remaining dates to be published later.All confrontations will be fought behind closed doors without a public presence.Liverpool, the leaders who need 6 points to win the competition title for the first time in 30 years, will open the first three rounds after stopping at Everton on June 21.The Reds then host the Crystal Palace team on June 24 in the confrontation in which the contest is likely to be resolved if it won to win the two games, before he visits Manchester City on July 2.last_img read more

Wayne Rooney becomes maths buff to help his kids with their homework

first_imgWAYNE Rooney has become a maths buff — and an addition to the family is not out of the equation.The footie star, 34, loves helping with his sons’ homework and Coleen believes their marriage is “stronger than ever”.Wayne Rooney loves helping with his sons’ homework and has become a maths buffCredit: Social Media – Refer to SourceColeen believes their marriage is stronger than ever, according to a sourceCredit: Rex FeaturesThings turned round since he left Washington’s DC United and came home with Coleen, Kai, ten, Klay, six, Kit, three, and Cass, 23 months.A source close to the star — now a player-coach with Derby — said: “Coleen never settled in America.“The switch has turned out to be a really positive one for the whole family.“Coleen now thinks the marriage is stronger than ever.“Wayne was drinking and gambling a lot, but he’s knocked those things on the head. He’ll have the odd glass of wine but is determined to live the right way so he can carry on playing for as long as possible.“Wayne has always been a great dad but he helps out more than ever now with things like the homework. And he is particularly good at maths, apparently.“They aren’t ruling out having another child. Coleen has never made any secret of the fact she’d love a little girl.”Last month, Rooney was seen talking about gambling, which once saw him lose £500,000 in two hours.Our source added: “As a coach at Derby he’s spoken to the younger players about it and has been a good mentor.”The player-coach at Derby talked about gambling last month,  admitting he once lost £500,000 in two hoursCredit: InstagramThe Manchester United legend is determined to live the right way and carry on playing for as long as possibleCredit: Rex FeaturesWayne Rooney reveals gambling affected performances after blowing huge amount of cash What’s This “Trick” Called? Comment Down Below!! Travel Diary // Vietnam 2017 Rebekah Vardy scores an impressive penalty in six-inch heels Top 5 Best Budget Hotels In Dubai under AED 400 a night. People Slammed By Massive Waves 4center_img 10 INCREDIBLE Space Launch Failures! Source: Soccer – thesun.co.uk Real or Fake? Shark Attacks Helicopter 8 MOST DANGEROUS RAINS of All Time | TOP 10 INTERESTINGlast_img read more

UK House of Commons Votes In Favor of “Brexit”

first_img Related Davis McCardle/DigitalVision/Thinkstock(LONDON) — Members of the United Kingdom’s House of Commons voted on Wednesday to approve the first step towards leaving the European Union.After two days of debate and a number of emotional arguments, 498 MPs voted in favor of the so-called “Brexit,” versus just 114 votes against. The bill would still face further scrutiny from the House of Commons and the House of Lords before it becomes law.Prime Minister Theresa May wants to invoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty by the end of March in order to begin negotiations with the European Union.Last June, nearly 52 percent of British voters decided to leave the EU. Just 48.1 percent voted to remain.BBC News reports that one MP shouted “suicide” when the result of Wednesday’s voting was announced.Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMaticolast_img read more

Blatter to attend FIFA appeal hearing

first_imgBy Brian HomewoodDisgraced FIFA president Sepp Blatter will return to the headquarters of football’s governing body on February 16 when his appeal against his ban from the sport will be heard, according to his advisor.Blatter, head of football’s scandal-plagued governing body since 1998, was banned in December from all football-related activity for eight years by the ethics committee of FIFA, mired in the worst graft scandal its 111-year history.“Mr Blatter will attend an appeal hearing at on February 16, at the home of FIFA, and we expect the decision as soon as possible,” his advistor Thomas Renggli told Reuters.Blatter’s case will initially be dealt with by FIFA’s own Appeal Committee. Renggli said that, if he is unsuccessful, he will go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne.Blatter, 79, who has denied wrongdoing, was banned for ethics violations over a two million Swiss francs ($1.96 million) payment FIFA made to UEFA chief Michel Platini with Blatter’s approval in 2011.Platini, who had been the favourite to succeed Blatter, was also banned for eight years. The election for the new FIFA president will take place in Zurich on February 26.A total of 41 individuals and entities, including many former FIFA officials, have been charged with corruption-related offences in the United States as part of the wider scandal.The U.S. investigation is far from over and FIFA also faces a parallel Swiss investigation.last_img read more