A new report looks into Chicago’s dispatching practices. (Photo/National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) Paramedic Field Chief Patrick Fitzmaurice, a longtime criticof the city’s ambulance service, called the email a coverup. CHICAGO — Chicago’s fire commissioner is reportedly tellingdispatchers not to admit there are no ambulances available when the city isswamped with medical emergencies. “The process of indicating that CFD is out of available ambulances or asking for any available ambulances over the radio will no longer be allowed,” Fire Commissioner Richard Ford wrote in an email obtained by CBS 2 Chicago. A Chicago Fire Department spokesperson denied there is a coverup with ambulance shortages. The spokesman told the station the email was sentafter a review determined there were ambulances available. Several people have reportedly died recently as a result of the city not having enough ambulances on the streets. Mayor Lori Lightfoot previously said more units would be coming online soon.
Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribe
Spanish La Liga giants Atletico Madrid have signed Portuguese winger Gelson Martins on a free transfer.The 23-year-old has penned a six-year contract with the Rojiblancos after cancelling his contract with Sporting Lisbon FC of Portugal.He was one of several players who cancelled their Sporting Lisbon contracts this summer in the wake of the attack on players and staff by a group of fans at their training ground due to the team’s failure to qualify for the Champions League.The Portuguese international winger joined Sporting Lisbon as a teenager in 2010 and went on to play 125 times during his three-year spell with the club’s the first team.The Cape Verde-born player was strongly linked with Premier League giants Liverpool and Arsenal before he opted for a move to Spain.RelatedSporting Trio Bid To Terminate Respective Club ContractsJune 12, 2018In “Europe”Nani, Andre Gomes Excluded As Portugal Trim Squad To 23 For Russia 2018May 18, 2018In “World Cup”Sporting Lisbon Players, Fans Attacked By Masked Fans (Photos)May 16, 2018In “Europe”