AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmailEmailShare to RedditRedditRedditShare to MoreAddThisMore AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmailEmailShare to RedditRedditRedditShare to MoreAddThisMorePakistan thanked the world Friday for opening its wallets and said more than 20 million flood victims now know that nations and people around the globe are standing with them during the worst disaster the country has ever faced.Pakistan’s U.N. Ambassador Abdullah Haroon said the initial outpouring from some 70 countries was ‘indeed heartening’ and ‘a good beginning,’ reports the AP news service.As of yesterday, 70 percent of the $460 million initially sought by the UN and its humanitarian partners to provide food, shelter and clean water for to up to 8 million flood victims over the next three months has either been contributed or pledged so far, while another $600 million has been provided or promised outside of that appeal, said John Holmes, who also serves as Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs.So far UN agencies have reached almost 2 million Pakistanis with emergency food supplies and an estimated 2.5 million with clean drinking water. Medical treatment has been provided to about 3 million people, while more than 115,000 tents and 77,000 tarpaulins have also been distributed.(DONATE to the UN relief effort at the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs at http://ochaonline.un.org)
Awad wrote through his official account on the website “Twitter” today, Friday, saying: “Corona’s tests are positive … your prayers.”Corona positive tests … your invitation 🙏– Mohamed Awaad (@mohamedawaad) June 26, 2020On the other hand, El-Gouna Club announced a new case infected with the new Corona virus among the Egyptian League clubs.Al-Gouna Club said, through an official statement, that it had discovered an infected case in its ranks after taking the second medical swab test for its players and the technical and administrative staff, refusing to disclose the identity of the injured person. © REUTERS / AMR ABDALLAH DALSH11 cases of Corona were recorded among the Egyptian Premier League clubsEl Gouna confirmed that he will conduct a third medical smear for all his players and his technical, administrative and medical staff before resuming the training next Monday, if the result of this smear is negative.The Football Association announced 11 cases of coronavirus infection among the Egyptian league clubs, including one in Alexandria, two in Enppi and two in Tanta, as well as workers and coaches in Enppi and Tanta and the contractors.The Egyptian Ministry of Sports decided Football tournaments resume In Egypt, starting on the 25th of next July, after the return of the training was approved, starting on the 20th of this June.
Olympic Show Jumping competition begins today for Greg Broderick and MHS Going Global Tags: 14 August 2016, 00:27 Home » General » Olympic Show Jumping competition begins today for Greg Broderick and MHS Going Global Tipperary’s Greg Broderick gets his Olympic Show Jumping campaign underway today (Sunday) in Rio, hoping to build on some excellent Irish equestrian performances so far at the Games.Thirty-year-old Broderick will ride The Irish Sport Horse MHS Going Global, (pictured above) with the Irish pair drawn 39th of the 75 starters, in a competition which gets underway at 2pm Irish time in Deodora Olympic Park.Today’s opening competition will be followed by further rounds of jumping on Tuesday and Wednesday, after which just the top 35 combinations will go forward to the individual medal deciding rounds on Friday.Already this week in Rio, Ireland’s Jonty Evans scored a top 10 finish in the Eventing competition with the Irish Sport Horse Cooley Rorkes Drift, while Kildare’s Judy Reynolds has booked a place in tomorrow’s Dressage Freestyle to Music with her horse Vancouver K.
Africa’s number one team and defending champions, South Africa, breezed into Accra last night full of confidence ahead of their opening day clash with hosts Ghana.The talented side are the experts’ favourites not only by virtue of being top ranked or the reigning African champions but also buoyed by their recent triumph in Europe.The South Africans lifted the 4-Nations Elektrostal Cup in Russia a couple of weeks ago and boast of an experienced world class team who destroyed Canada 8-1 in the final.That notwithstanding, Ghana’s Black Sticks will push for a spectacular upset as they begin the campaign to rule Men’s Hockey on the continent.The Friday evening fixture will start at 6:30 pm prompt after the opening ceremony.The Black Sticks would not mind being underdogs but will be highly motivated by pride and “host and win” euphoria which seems to have boosted team spirit and resolve. In addition, sound preparations and a vibrant home support should give the team that extra bite and desire to play the tournament of their lives. The Black Sticks would be hoping to spring some surprises in the opening game which could catch their more experienced but predictable opponents off guard.Both male and female teams were in Holland for a fortnight preparing for the competition.And according to Osei Boakye, coach of the team, they put finishing touches to their preparations before retuning home for the big take-off.In a slight adjustment to the opening day schedule, the encounter between Egypt and Nigeria would be played first before the official ceremony to usher in the championship. The Egyptians were the first to arrive on Saturday night from Cairo followed by Nigeria and South Africa who it appears may have peaked just in time for the Hockey Nations Cup.The two-week competition will bring crack male and female hockey nations from across the continent and has attracted huge international media.The new national stadium which was officially commissioned on Monday July 6 by His Excellency President Mills, will host over 1,200 fans backed by the acclaimed national supporters union.The CEO of Ghana 2009 African Cup For Nations Mr. Magnus Rex Danquah has assured Ghanaians, Africans and the world that Ghana is ready to let the games begin.
Marvel Studios(LOS ANGELES) — Sam Raimi, who directed 2002’s Spider-Man and its two sequels, is in talks to helm Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, according to Variety. Raimi would replace Scott Derrickson, who exited the project due to creative differences, but remains on board as an executive producer. Benedict Cumberbatch will return as the Sorcerer Supreme, and Benedict Wong and Chiwetel Ejiofor are also expected to reprise their respective roles as fellow sorcerer Wong and Strange’s ally-turned arch nemesis Karl Mordo.Avengers series star Elizabeth Olsen will reprise her Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch role, for a storyline that Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige says will tie-in with her Disney+ series WandaVision, launching in December. Raimi’s Spider-Man films, produced by Sony Pictures, helped kick off the superhero genre back in 2002. While his final film, Spider-Man 3 is remembered as a misfire by many, his 2004 sequel Spider-Man 2 is considered a genre stand-out, even dozens of comic book films later. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness would be Raimi’s first entry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.Marvel is owned by Disney, the parent company of ABC News.Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.